Sarah Harmer is a hometown favorite of mine and was one of several shows I was looking forward to in San Francisco this year that obviously ended up being cancelled. This charming video for “Little Frogs” from her latest release Are You Gone has been a nice moment in an otherwise headache of a week. Bonus points for Buffalo plaid :)
- It’s going to take some time getting used to The Child’s real name, but there was some serious payoff in Episode 13 of The Mandalorian and I, like others, have many new questions. And one more from Anthony Breznican for good measure.
- These newly discovered ancient rock paintings and the scale at which they were made is fascinating. Making a note to check out the Jungle Mystery documentary when it airs in a few days.
- Another ambitious limited edition set from Field Notes. Looking forward to my quarterly packs arriving any day now.
- Not unexpectedly, some solid winners as part of the Mohawk Show.
- A good week in music: Jack and Meg, Postal Service, some vintage Crowded House, Death Cab for Cutie, and my pal Corey Holms.
- These giant letterpress prints are something else.
- A solid wishlist book for me.